About 18 months ago I started dreaming about the perfect content marketing platform. A way to not only create and publish optimized content, but also allowing you to connect with expert content marketers and copywriters to help you create and publish authoritative content.
The system would work like this (a rough outline):
- You create an account
- Integrate the account with your WordPress blog, and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc…)
- Use the built-in tools to identify the topics that matter to your target audience, and the exact language they use when discussing and searching
- Use the editor to create your content or outline your ideas (Scribe)
- If you’re on the go, record your notes via your smartphone and upload the audio to your account
- Once your article is finished, use the tools to walk you through on-page optimization best practices to help your pages rank well (Scribe)
- Then use the social message tool to create your social media post and schedule them for automatic posting
- And if you’d prefer, use the freelancer job board to connect with an expert to do it all for you
In my mind, a platform that worked like that would be the “ultimate content marking platform”, and until recently is was only a dream!
When I listened to the last episode of the New Rainmaker podcast, Master Your Domain: The Technology Solution for New Rainmakers, I realized that Brian Clark was describing the platform I had dreamed up just 18 months ago!
Here’s the best part!
His platform adds a ton of additional features, going beyond a content marketing platform. They’ve added everything you need to market and sell effectively online!
In fact, everything available in the Rainmaker Platform is what Copyblogger Media has been using to grown into the seven-figure company they are today.
As a side note, there was no mention of a “freelance job board” feature and I’m not expecting that, but this platform is going to be a game changer for anyone that choses to use it!
I was excited.
— Chris Eggleston (@chrisegg) April 10, 2014
The past couple of weeks I’ve been playing with the platform and I’m extremely impressed, and even more excited!
Over the next couple of days I’ll be reviewing the following features of the platform and posting those reviews on this blog.
- Website Builder
- Content Publishing (post/pages, landing pages, podcast, forums)
- Selling Products
- Managing Products
- Building Conversion Funnels
- Reporting (a.k.a analytics)
- Education (free access to my.copyblogger.com)
- Platform Support
If you’re interested in anything specific, let me know, and I’ll be sure to share to post a review about it.